Accessibility statement for Walberswick website
This website is run by a small group of Walberswick residents. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The Parish Council pages are managed by the Walberswick Parish Council and these pages carry their own Accessibility Statement.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- we can’t guarantee the full accessibility of our PDF documents or Word documents to screen reader software
- we can’t guarantee the full accessibility of tables to screen reader software
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, contact:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in ten days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Walberswick website team of volunteers is committed to making the site accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We have endeavoured to make this website compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
We last tested this website on 30th August 2020. The test was performed using the Wave Accessibility software.
- our main website platform, available at www.walberswick.suffolk.gov.uk
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are constantly looking at our website accessibility alongside our website developers and where we can improve on it we shall. We follow a specific set of guidelines to ensure all our content meets the WCAG 2.1 Standard.
This statement was prepared on 6th September 2020. It was last updated on 6th September 2020.