This page provides information on advisory groups that have been established to provide input to WPC on specific areas of the Council's responsibilities
Note: Advisory Groups have no decision-making powers or responsibilities; they are established to support the Council in taking decisions in areas where the advisory group has specific expertise/experience. The need for and role of advisory groups is reviewed annually by the Council. All advisory group members are part of the community and serve in a voluntary capacity.
1) PLANNING ADVISORY GROUP (PAG)
PAG was established in 2014 at the request of the Parish Council, following a recommendation of the Parish Plan. The Group comprises members with professional experience of planning and architecture. The purpose of the group is to help the Council in responding to planning applications referred for consultation by East Suffolk District Council (ESDC)
The group's brief is to assess all planning applications relating to buildings in Walberswick against national and local planning policy and to report to the Parish Council. The reports are to be used at the Council's discretion; the responsibility for submitting comment to ESDC on behalf of the village remains with the Council.
PAG operates under the following rules:
1) No correspondence or discussion takes place with planning applicants or anyone else with an interest in the application.
2) The group is non-partisan. It does not lobby for particular outcomes and cannot enter into disputes between applicants.
3) Applications are assessed on the basis of the information presented and the relevant planning policies. PAG views sites from the nearest public footpath or highway where it can and where it is relevant.
4) PAG does not usually comment on small variations of detail to approved applications, nor to applications relating to trees.
5) Applications are reviewed by at least three members of the group, usually more. Members with an interest in an application absent themselves from its consideration.
6) The deliberations of the group are confidential but all reports are posted on the WPC website.
PAG reports are published on a dedicated webpage once the Parish Council has included them in the published Agenda
2) SCROLL ADVISORY GROUP (SAG)
The Scroll Advisory Group was created in May 2019 by resolution of Walberswick Parish Council (minute ref: 360 19/20 b). It's role is to provide advice to the Council on the preservation and display of the Walberswick Scroll. The initial members were: John English, Sue English, Pat Lancaster, Richard Scott, Bill Ungless and Kay Ungless. This Advisory Group determines its own Chair and a member to also represent the Group on the Heritage Hut Management Committee.